“Capturing all those special moments that can be cherished forever, a secret smile, a tender moment between a parent and child, laughter, the radiance and beauty of a bride or scoring the winning goal; it’s those moments, when captured through the lens, which makes being a photographer so special.”
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been fascinated with cameras and capturing a ‘moment in time’. My parents bought me my first camera when I was 13 and I started to develop an eye for a ‘great shot’; my passion for photography and a desire to tell a ‘story’ through the lens developed quickly from there.
I love to photograph anything and everything, I am particularly proud to be one of the Royal Air Force Ice Hockey Association photographers and team photographer for the RAF Vulcans Ice Hockey Team. My role has taken me to games and tournaments all over the UK.
My camera is never far from my side, but when I’m not taking photos ….
10 Things about me ……..
- I’m mummy to two gorgeous girls. My eldest daughter is called Leia, she’s named after Princess Leia from Star Wars (I love Star Wars a lot!!). My youngest daughter Lara, is named after the character from my favourite novel, Doctor Zhivago.
- Originally from Manchester, I now live in the lovely market town of Wymondham in Norfolk.
- I’m known for my love of anything red, especially red lipstick!
- I’m a lifelong Manchester United Fan and love nothing more than to chat about football and banter with other fans. Ryan Giggs is my all time favourite player and United legend.
- I have a BSc Hons Degree in Geography and Environmental Science, call me a geek, but I just find volcanoes fascinating!
- I love watching films, I think Tarantino is a genius and Leonardo Di Caprio is my favourite actor.
- I love clothes and shoes (especially red sparkly ones!)
- I’m absolutely terrible at sport (I blame my little legs, well that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!). Ironic really, because I love photographing sport so much, especially ice hockey, even though my feet get really cold!
- I love listening to rock music, my favourite bands are Def Leppard and Guns ‘n’ Roses.
- I don’t start the day until I’ve had at least one cup of tea!